What is another name for obese?
What is another word for obese?tubbypodgycorpulentfatfleshygrossoverweightplumpportlyrotundЕщё 168 строк
How do you say obese in a nice way?
There is no really good way to say “fat” but less crude ways of saying it could include:
- Big Boned.
How do you describe a fat person nicely?
The word for a person who is EXTREMELY fat is obese. We also have the word chubby to describe fat children; husky or heavyset to describe fat men; and plump or curvy to describe fat women (the word curvy has a more positive connotation, implying that the woman has a nice, full, feminine body).
What is opposite of obese?
corpulent, obese, weighty, rotund(adj) excessively fat. “a weighty man” Antonyms: thin, lean.
Is obesity a disease?
Obesity is a complex disease involving an excessive amount of body fat. Obesity isn’t just a cosmetic concern. It is a medical problem that increases your risk of other diseases and health problems, such as heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure and certain cancers.
Is it OK to say fat?
Fat is a word that has been hurled around as an insult for decades. Now it’s a term that plus-size individuals are reclaiming as a neutral descriptor for themselves — and the reclaiming doesn’t stop at just the one word.27 мая 2020 г.
How do I know if I am overweight?
Adult Body Mass Index (BMI)
- If your BMI is less than 18.5, it falls within the underweight range.
- If your BMI is 18.5 to <25, it falls within the normal.
- If your BMI is 25.0 to <30, it falls within the overweight range.
- If your BMI is 30.0 or higher, it falls within the obese range.
Is it rude to tell someone they gained weight?
Whether you want to believe it or not, it’s probably not necessary for you to tell someone they’ve gained weight. … If they’re not making a change, they may not want to focus on their weight status.
How can I lose my stomach fat?
8 Ways to Lose Belly Fat and Live a Healthier Life
- Try curbing carbs instead of fats. …
- Think eating plan, not diet. …
- Keep moving. …
- Lift weights. …
- Become a label reader. …
- Move away from processed foods. …
- Focus on the way your clothes fit more than reading a scale. …
- Hang out with health-focused friends.
What is defined as excessive fat in the body?
Overweight and obesity are defined as abnormal or excessive fat accumulation that presents a risk to health. A body mass index (BMI) over 25 is considered overweight, and over 30 is obese.
How do you describe facial features?
7 Tips for Describing Faces in Your Writing
- Use figurative language when describing a character’s face. …
- Create facial expressions that reveal emotions. …
- Frame your character’s face with a hairstyle that reflects their story. …
- Make facial hair an element of a character’s style. …
- Realize that eyes are windows to the soul. …
- Describe your character’s skin.
What makes someone obese?
Obesity is a medical condition that occurs when a person carries excess weight or body fat that might affect their health. A doctor will usually suggest that a person has obesity if they have a high body mass index.
What causes obesity?
Obesity is generally caused by eating too much and moving too little. If you consume high amounts of energy, particularly fat and sugars, but do not burn off the energy through exercise and physical activity, much of the surplus energy will be stored by the body as fat.
What is the kettle?
A kettle, sometimes called a tea kettle or teakettle, is a type of pot specialized for boiling water, with a lid, spout, and handle, or a small kitchen appliance of similar shape that functions in a self-contained manner.