If your BMI is less than 18.5, it falls within the underweight range. If your BMI is 18.5 to <25, it falls within the normal. If your BMI is 25.0 to <30, it falls within the overweight range. If your BMI is 30.0 or higher, it falls within the obese range.
What should my BMI be for my age?
A BMI of between 18.5 and 24.9 is ideal. A BMI of between 25 and 29.9 is overweight. A BMI over 30 indicates obesity.
What is a good BMI for a woman?
If your BMI is between 18.5-24.9: Your BMI is considered normal. This healthy weight helps reduce your risk of serious health conditions and means you’re close to your fitness goals. If your BMI is between 25-29.9: Your BMI is considered overweight.
What is a good BMI number?
For most adults, an ideal BMI is in the 18.5 to 24.9 range. For children and young people aged 2 to 18, the BMI calculation takes into account age and gender as well as height and weight. If your BMI is: below 18.5 – you’re in the underweight range.
How do I calculate my BMI?
Body Mass Index is a simple calculation using a person’s height and weight. The formula is BMI = kg/m2 where kg is a person’s weight in kilograms and m2 is their height in metres squared. A BMI of 25.0 or more is overweight, while the healthy range is 18.5 to 24.9.
How much should a 5’5 female weigh?
Height and Weight ChartHeightWeight5′ 3″107 to 140 lbs.169 to 220 lbs.5′ 4″110 to 144 lbs.174 to 227 lbs.5′ 5″114 to 149 lbs.180 to 234 lbs.5′ 6″118 to 154 lbs.186 to 241 lbs.Ещё 17 строк
How do I determine my ideal weight?
It is calculated according to BMI = weight/height² . The optimal, healthy range for BMI is between 18.5 and 24.9.
What is my BMI if I weigh 160?
Inside the square where your weight and height meet is a number that is an estimate of your BMI. For example, if you weigh 160 pounds and are 5’7″, your BMI is 25.
How much should a 5 4 female weigh?
Ideal Weight ChartMaleFemale5′ 2″106 – 130 lbs.99 – 121 lbs.5′ 3″112 – 136 lbs.104 – 127 lbs.5′ 4″117 – 143 lbs.108 – 132 lbs.5′ 5″122 – 150 lbs.113 – 138 lbs.Ещё 28 строк
What is overweight for my height?
A result between 18.5 and 24.9 means you’re in the “normal” weight range for your height. If your result is under 18.5, you’re considered underweight. Between 25 and 29.9 means you’re considered overweight.
How much weight do I need to lose to get my BMI down?
2. Set a Realistic Goal if You’re Trying to Lower Your BMI. Losing as little as 5 to 10 percent of your body weight can have substantial health benefits, according to the CDC. (5) For some people, this means that your BMI still may be in the overweight range, and that may be okay.
How can I lower my BMI in a week?
Change your shopping list
- Fruit and vegetables. Adding five servings of fruit and vegetables a day can add nutrition to your diet, which will also serve to fill you up. …
- Whole grain replacements. …
- Attack snacks. …
- Ditch highly processed foods. …
- Fibre intake. …
- Make use of protein. …
- Lean meat.
What weight do I need to be to have a BMI of 25?
tall is considered overweight (BMI is 25 to 29) if she weighs between about 145 and 169 pounds. She is considered obese (BMI is 30 or more) if she is closer to 174 pounds or more. A man who is 5 ft.
How do I know if I am overweight?
Adult Body Mass Index (BMI)
- If your BMI is less than 18.5, it falls within the underweight range.
- If your BMI is 18.5 to <25, it falls within the normal.
- If your BMI is 25.0 to <30, it falls within the overweight range.
- If your BMI is 30.0 or higher, it falls within the obese range.
How do you calculate BMI example?
- Formula: weight (kg) / [height (m)]2 With the metric system, the formula for BMI is weight in kilograms divided by height in meters squared. …
- Example: Weight = 68 kg, Height = 165 cm (1.65 m)
- Calculation: 68 ÷ (1.65 x 1.65) = 24.98.
How can I calculate weight?
Weight is a measure of the force of gravity pulling down on an object. It depends on the object’s mass and the acceleration due to gravity, which is 9.8 m/s2 on Earth. The formula for calculating weight is F = m × 9.8 m/s2, where F is the object’s weight in Newtons (N) and m is the object’s mass in kilograms.