Then, calculate BMI by dividing weight in pounds (lb) by height in inches (in) squared and multiplying by a conversion factor of 703. When using a handheld calculator, if your calculator has a square function, divide weight (lb) by height (in) squared, multiply by 703, and round to one decimal place.
What is the easiest way to calculate BMI?
How to Calculate Your Body Mass Index
- Multiply your height in inches times your height in inches.
- Divide your weight by the number you arrived at in Step 1.
- Multiply the number you came up with in Step 2 by 705. The result is your BMI.
How do you calculate BMI with height and weight?
The formula for BMI is weight in kilograms divided by height in meters squared. If height has been measured in centimeters, divide by 100 to convert this to meters. When using English measurements, pounds should be divided by inches squared.
How do I manually calculate my BMI Australia?
BMI is calculated by:
- Dividing your weight(kg) by your height(m)
- Dividing the answer by your height(m) again to get your BMI.
How is BMI calculated in South Africa?
BMI is calculated by dividing weight in kilograms by height in metres squared. For example, if you are 1.65m tall and weigh 85kg: weight / height squared = 85 / 1.65 x 1.65 = 85 / 2.72 = 31.25. Then your BMI would be 31.25.
What is a good BMI?
For most adults, an ideal BMI is in the 18.5 to 24.9 range. For children and young people aged 2 to 18, the BMI calculation takes into account age and gender as well as height and weight.
What is the normal range of BMI?
How is BMI interpreted for adults?BMIWeight StatusBelow 18.5Underweight18.5 – 24.9Normal or Healthy Weight25.0 – 29.9Overweight30.0 and AboveObese
What is my ideal weight?
Weight and height guide chartHeightWeight5ft 3″ (63″)107 to 135 lbs.141 to 163 lbs.5ft 4″ (64″)110 to 140 lbs.145 to 169 lbs.5ft 5″ (65″)114 to 144 lbs.150 to 174 lbs.5ft 6″ (66″)118 to 148 lbs.155 to 179 lbs.Ещё 17 строк
How can I calculate weight?
- Weight is a measure of the force of gravity pulling down on an object. It depends on the object’s mass and the acceleration due to gravity, which is 9.8 m/s2 on Earth.
- The formula for calculating weight is F = m × 9.8 m/s2, where F is the object’s weight in Newtons (N) and m is the object’s mass in kilograms.
How do you classify BMI?
Adult Body Mass Index (BMI)
- If your BMI is less than 18.5, it falls within the underweight range.
- If your BMI is 18.5 to <25, it falls within the normal.
- If your BMI is 25.0 to <30, it falls within the overweight range.
- If your BMI is 30.0 or higher, it falls within the obese range.
What weight should I be for BMI?
Height: Weight: Your BMI is , indicating your weight is in the category for adults of your height. For your height, a normal weight range would be from to pounds.
Adult BMI Calculator.BMIWeight StatusBelow 18.5Underweight18.5—24.9Normal25.0—29.9Overweight30.0 and AboveObese
What weight do I need to be to have a BMI of 25?
Charts and online calculators
4 in. tall is considered overweight (BMI is 25 to 29) if she weighs between about 145 and 169 pounds. She is considered obese (BMI is 30 or more) if she is closer to 174 pounds or more. A man who is 5 ft.
What is a good BMI for a woman?
If your BMI is between 18.5-24.9: Your BMI is considered normal. This healthy weight helps reduce your risk of serious health conditions and means you’re close to your fitness goals. If your BMI is between 25-29.9: Your BMI is considered overweight. Being overweight may increase your risk of cardiovascular disease.
How do I calculate BMI in kg?
With the metric system, the formula for BMI is weight in kilograms divided by height in meters squared. Since height is commonly measured in centimeters, an alternate calculation formula, dividing the weight in kilograms by the height in centimeters squared, and then multiplying the result by 10,000, can be used.
What kg is overweight?
Ideal (normal) BMI is 18.5 to 24.9 kg/m2. A BMI of 25-29.9 kg/m2 is overweight. A BMI of 30-34.9 kg/m2 is obese (Grade I). A BMI of 35-39.9 kg/m2 is obese (Grade II).
How accurate is BMI?
Despite concerns that BMI doesn’t accurately identify whether a person is healthy, most studies show that a person’s risk of chronic disease and premature death does increase with a BMI lower than 18.5 (“underweight”) or above 30.0 (“obese”) ( 4 , 5 ).