How can you tell if someone is obese?
Adult Body Mass Index (BMI)
- If your BMI is less than 18.5, it falls within the underweight range.
- If your BMI is 18.5 to <25, it falls within the normal.
- If your BMI is 25.0 to <30, it falls within the overweight range.
- If your BMI is 30.0 or higher, it falls within the obese range.
How do you tell someone they need to lose weight?
Open the discussion about weight in a respectful and nonjudgmental way. Patients may be more open if they feel respected. Open the discussion about weight in a respectful and nonjudgmental way. Before asking patients if they wish to discuss their weight, mention the health risks associated with overweight and obesity.
How do you tell your boyfriend he is overweight?
You could say something like, “Honey you look a little different, but I cannot put my finger on it.” If he doesn’t pick up on this, just say, “We need to talk. I am concerned because you are gaining weight. Being overweight is not a healthy lifestyle and I think we should both go to the gym together to maintain one.
Is it rude to tell someone they gained weight?
Whether you want to believe it or not, it’s probably not necessary for you to tell someone they’ve gained weight. … If they’re not making a change, they may not want to focus on their weight status.
What is overweight for my height?
A result between 18.5 and 24.9 means you’re in the “normal” weight range for your height. If your result is under 18.5, you’re considered underweight. Between 25 and 29.9 means you’re considered overweight.
What is skinny fat?
Skinny fat is a phrase used to describe people who appear to be a normal weight, or thin, but are actually carrying a high percentage of body fat, and have a low amount of muscle mass.
How do you motivate someone to lose weight?
Top 10 Ways to Help a Dieter Succeed
- Be a cheerleader, not a coach. “You don’t want to find faults with what the dieter is doing,” says Wolfe-Radbill. …
- Become an active part of their program. …
- Help develop healthy incentives. …
- Show them you care about the person, not the diet.
How do I tell my girlfriend to lose weight?
How to Get Your Girlfriend or Wife to Lose Weight
- Tap into her natural motivation to look good for you. …
- Let her know what you find attractive about her now while also saying that if she did lose some weight, that would look good too. …
- Don’t try to motivate her to work out by talking about the importance of health or telling her how much you care about her health.
Can doctors prescribe something to lose weight?
Four weight-loss drugs have been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for long-term use: Bupropion-naltrexone (Contrave) Liraglutide (Saxenda) Orlistat (Xenical)
How do I tell my boyfriend he needs to lose weight?
- The passive aggressive approach. If you’re the passive aggressive type, start sharing articles on your own Facebook page about getting in shape and losing weight. …
- Keep junk food out. …
- Give the gift of exercise. …
- Shrink his clothes. …
- Let him criticize himself. …
- Tell him what you ate all day. …
- Get active together. …
- Just be honest.
Is it wrong for your partner to lose weight?
Having the desire for your partner to make changes to their lifestyle and even lose weight is, however, completely legitimate when the desire is based on a concern for their health and well-being. In fact, supporting your partner in making healthy habits and living a healthy lifestyle together promotes a stronger bond.
How do you tell your partner they’ve gained weight?
Instead of saying something like “Your pants are tighter because you’ve gained some weight,” you should keep the conversation focused around their health and happiness by saying something like “It doesn’t matter which pants fit you, what matters is that you are happy with yourself.
What do you say to people who comment on your weight?
What to do when someone comments on your weight
- Know it’s probably not about you. I know, I know. …
- Come back with a compliment. This is for the people who are intentionally trying to hurt your feeelings. …
- Hit the comment right back at them. Say ‘so do you’ and smile sweetly. …
- Call them out. …
- Ignore it. …
- Remove yourself.
What do you say when someone says your fat?
Here’s a list of 23 good comebacks for the next time a stranger thinks it’s acceptable to call you fat.
- “My body is not your business.”
- “So I’m fat. …
- “I may be fat, but at least I’m not rude.”
- “Sorry, but I’m already in a relationship.”
- “Please, please. …
- “I could lose weight if I wanted to.
How do you say you are fat in a nice way?
There is no really good way to say “fat” but less crude ways of saying it could include:
- Big Boned.