Remember that BMI = weight(kg)/height2 (meters squared). Next, we will establish an ‘ideal’ BMI based on values in the standard IBW equations: Male: 60 inches – 50kg – BMI= 21.53. Female: 60 inches – 45.5kg – BMI= 19.59.
How do you calculate your ideal body weight?
(Percent Ideal Body Weight = (current weight/ ideal weight X 100) A loss of over 10% body weight in 6 months is considered a severe weight loss and may indicate malnutrition.
How do you calculate BMI step by step?
Follow these steps to calculate your BMI:
- Convert your weight from pounds to kilograms. Your weight (in pounds) ÷ 2.2 = your weight (in kilograms). …
- Convert your height from inches to meters. Your height (in inches) ÷ 39.37 = your height (in meters). …
- Calculate your Body Mass Index.
What is the easiest way to calculate BMI?
How to Calculate Your Body Mass Index
- Multiply your height in inches times your height in inches.
- Divide your weight by the number you arrived at in Step 1.
- Multiply the number you came up with in Step 2 by 705. The result is your BMI.
What is an ideal weight?
It measures a person’s weight in relation to their height. According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH): A BMI of less than 18.5 means that a person is underweight. A BMI of between 18.5 and 24.9 is ideal.
How do you calculate a person’s BMI?
Body Mass Index is a simple calculation using a person’s height and weight. The formula is BMI = kg/m2 where kg is a person’s weight in kilograms and m2 is their height in metres squared. A BMI of 25.0 or more is overweight, while the healthy range is 18.5 to 24.9.
How do you calculate BMI example?
- Formula: weight (kg) / [height (m)]2 With the metric system, the formula for BMI is weight in kilograms divided by height in meters squared. …
- Example: Weight = 68 kg, Height = 165 cm (1.65 m)
- Calculation: 68 ÷ (1.65 x 1.65) = 24.98.
How do I calculate BMI without a calculator?
Calculate BMI by dividing weight in pounds (lbs) by height in inches (in) squared and multiplying by a conversion factor of 703. To find your body mass index (BMI), multiply your weight in pounds by 705, then divide the result by your height in inches, then divide again by your height. The result is your BMI.
How do I create a BMI chart in Excel?
Step 1: Coding VBA Code
- Open Microsoft Excel, then press Alt+F11on keyboard, so VBE (Visual Basic Editor) window is displayed.
- Open a module by selecting Module on Insert menu and write this script: Function BMI(weight, height) BMI = weight / (height / 100) ^ 2 End Function.
- Close the VBE window and back to Excel.
What is the normal range of BMI?
How is BMI interpreted for adults?BMIWeight StatusBelow 18.5Underweight18.5 – 24.9Normal or Healthy Weight25.0 – 29.9Overweight30.0 and AboveObese
What is the square of my height?
To square your height, multiply your height in inches by itself. For example, if you are 70 inches tall, then multiply 70 by 70. Your answer for this example would be 4,900. Divide weight by height.
What is the normal weight for a woman?
What is a good weight for 5 5 female?
Ideal Weight ChartMaleFemale5′ 4″117 – 143 lbs.108 – 132 lbs.5′ 5″122 – 150 lbs.113 – 138 lbs.5′ 6″128 – 156 lbs.117 – 143 lbs.5′ 7″133 – 163 lbs.122 – 149 lbs.Ещё 28 строк
How much should a 5’5 female weigh?
Height and Weight ChartHeightWeight5′ 3″107 to 140 lbs.169 to 220 lbs.5′ 4″110 to 144 lbs.174 to 227 lbs.5′ 5″114 to 149 lbs.180 to 234 lbs.5′ 6″118 to 154 lbs.186 to 241 lbs.Ещё 17 строк