How to calculate Body Mass Index. Body Mass Index is a simple calculation using a person’s height and weight. The formula is BMI = kg/m2 where kg is a person’s weight in kilograms and m2 is their height in metres squared. A BMI of 25.0 or more is overweight, while the healthy range is 18.5 to 24.9.
How do I manually calculate my BMI Australia?
BMI is calculated by:
- Dividing your weight(kg) by your height(m)
- Dividing the answer by your height(m) again to get your BMI.
How do you calculate BMI with height and feet?
To calculate your Body mass Index (BMI) divide your weight (in pounds) by your height (in inches) x your height (in inches) and then multiply by 703. Therefore, a person who is 5’5″ tall and weighs 130lbs would have a BMI of 21.6.
How do I calculate my BMI and body fat?
The body mass index is an estimation of a person’s body fat, according to the National Institutes of Health. To calculate BMI, divide your weight (in pounds) by your height (in inches) squared, and then multiply that number by a conversion factor of 703.
What is a good BMI for a woman?
If your BMI is between 18.5-24.9: Your BMI is considered normal. This healthy weight helps reduce your risk of serious health conditions and means you’re close to your fitness goals. If your BMI is between 25-29.9: Your BMI is considered overweight. Being overweight may increase your risk of cardiovascular disease.
What is a good BMI?
For most adults, an ideal BMI is in the 18.5 to 24.9 range. For children and young people aged 2 to 18, the BMI calculation takes into account age and gender as well as height and weight.
What is the BMI for 5’2 female?
What’s My Ideal Body Weight and BMI?MaleFemaleHeightIdeal WeightIdeal Weight5′ 2″106 – 130 lbs.99 – 121 lbs.5′ 3″112 – 136 lbs.104 – 127 lbs.5′ 4″117 – 143 lbs.108 – 132 lbs.Ещё 28 строк
What is my ideal weight for my height and age?
Weight and height guide chartHeightWeight5ft 4″ (64″)110 to 140 lbs.145 to 169 lbs.5ft 5″ (65″)114 to 144 lbs.150 to 174 lbs.5ft 6″ (66″)118 to 148 lbs.155 to 179 lbs.5ft 7″ (67″)121 to 153 lbs.159 to 185 lbs.Ещё 17 строк
How do I determine my ideal weight?
Adult Body Mass Index or BMI
- If your BMI is less than 18.5, it falls within the underweight range.
- If your BMI is 18.5 to 24.9, it falls within the normal or Healthy Weight range.
- If your BMI is 25.0 to 29.9, it falls within the overweight range.
- If your BMI is 30.0 or higher, it falls within the obese range.
How can you tell your body fat?
To calculate body fat percentage, add your waist and hip measurements, and then subtract the neck measurement to determine your circumference value. For example, if your waist is 30, your hips are 36, and your neck is 13, your circumference value would be 53.
How do I reduce body fat percentage?
Here are 14 of the best ways to burn fat quickly and promote weight loss.
- Start Strength Training. …
- Follow a High-Protein Diet. …
- Squeeze in More Sleep. …
- Add Vinegar to Your Diet. …
- Eat More Healthy Fats. …
- Drink Healthier Beverages. …
- Fill up on Fiber. …
- Cut Down on Refined Carbs.
How do you read a BMI chart?
Your BMI will fit into one of 5 bands:
- under 18.5 – This is described as underweight.
- between 18.5 and 24.9 – This is described as the ‘healthy range’.
- between 25 and 29.9 – This is described as overweight.
- between 30 and 39.9 – This is described as obesity.
- 40 or over – This is described as severe obesity.
What is a good weight for 5 5 female?
Ideal Weight ChartMaleFemale5′ 4″117 – 143 lbs.108 – 132 lbs.5′ 5″122 – 150 lbs.113 – 138 lbs.5′ 6″128 – 156 lbs.117 – 143 lbs.5′ 7″133 – 163 lbs.122 – 149 lbs.Ещё 28 строк
How much should a 5’5 female weigh?
Height and Weight ChartHeightWeight5′ 3″107 to 140 lbs.169 to 220 lbs.5′ 4″110 to 144 lbs.174 to 227 lbs.5′ 5″114 to 149 lbs.180 to 234 lbs.5′ 6″118 to 154 lbs.186 to 241 lbs.Ещё 17 строк
What is my ideal weight in kg?
Ideal body weight (men) = 50 kg + 1.9 kg for every inch above 5 feet. Ideal body weight (women) = 49 kg + 1.7 kg for every inch above 5 feet.